Hey, and welcome to CS First Fashion. I’m Heather, and I’ll be leading you through a computer science exploration over the next 8 days of this club.
Today, you’ll learn what computer science is, see the fashion and design projects you’ll make in this club, and have an opportunity to make your own computer program.
CS First Fashion is a computer science club. Computer science uses computers to make amazing projects (also called programs) that allow people to play, entertain, solve problems, do work, and save time. In this club, you'll learn all the different ways computer science relates to things you do and see every day--you might be surprised!
Computer science can be used in fashion, and it also allows people to build all types of projects and solve many types of problems, from creating a game like Flappy Bird (pause) to finding cures for diseases. Over the next 8 club sessions, you’ll be introduced to some of the incredible creations people build and problems people solve using computer science. You will also learn how to use computer science to create your own: fashion walk animation, a stylist tool for accessorizing, a fashion poll for your clubmates, a store window design, your own pattern, and a fashion awards ceremony.
When this club ends, you will have a collection of your own computer science creations, and will have developed a basic understanding of many computer science concepts.
Think of these projects as examples or jumping-off points for your own creations. You’ll make your own decisions about how to design and program your projects, and you’ll get the chance to customize and personalize them. In the end, your projects may not look like the examples, and that’s okay. They will be truly your own, original creations.
This video will introduce how to open a starter project and sign in to Scratch. Watch this video to learn how, then try it on your own. Click the “Day 1” starter project link next to this video to open Scratch in a new tab.
To save this project to your account, click remix, and enter the sign-in information in your passport.
Take a moment now to make sure you are signed in to the cs-first website using the username and password from your passport. If you are *not* signed in, you won’t receive a digital badge for completing this activity, so be sure to sign in!
Once you’ve done this, click the CS First tab, then the arrow under this video to move on to the next video. In the next video, you'll learn how tell a story of your own.
- Öffnet den Link „Modegeschichte Startprojekt“ neben diesem Video.
- Klickt auf „Remixen“.
- Meldet euch mit eurem Nutzernamen und Passwort an.
- Demonstration der erweiterten Realität im Dezeen's Imagine Shop for Selfridges von Dezeen (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zyU_pSKqGVk) lizenziert unter CC-BY 3.0 (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/)
- NIKE+ Basketball & NIKE+ Training - Launch & Demos Feb 2012 von Red Robot - Intelligent Distribution (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqaf51xNBLk) lizenziert unter CC-BY 3.0 (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/)
- Das Foto „laboratory - Stock Image“ unterliegt © AlexRaths -- CC-BY-SA 4.0 ist nicht anwendbar.
- „You can design anything and have it 3D-printed“ – Bart Veldhuizen von Dezeen (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7QwBHDP0TTY) lizenziert unter CC-BY 3.0 (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/)
- Der Song „Venture Out“ unterliegt © SmartSound-- CC-BY-SA 4.0 ist nicht anwendbar.
- Flappy Bird Gameplay on iOS by luigi442wii (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=As-5sPilIx0) ist lizenziert unter CC-BY 4.0 (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/)